Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WEEK 11/17 HM Training - Run#2 Hill Workout X 8 Repeats

One of my DM friends posted today that he was beginning to like hill workouts (it just so happens that he has been doing them on Wednesdays like me, too). Personally, I think that's just nutty!

I completed this workout solo - there were no mutts with me today. I also edited my workout - my warm-up was shortened, I did 8 instead of 12 repeats, and I shortened my cool-down. I justify this by saying that I did 8 very solid repeats; in fact, the last few were actually faster than my first few repeats - how about them apples? :) And this workout was an improvement over my hill workout two weeks ago under similar circumstances (the day after an 11.5K run). I was very pleased with what I accomplished, but also felt that I had done enough.

But I can say that today while typing this up (the day after), it was clearly a killer workout because my hip flexors are stiff! I am waddling around like an old penguin lady - oy! I am not sure what I did but I am clearly feeling this workout more today than I ever have previously experienced. :( I didn't go to yoga last night so this might have had something to do with it, and I didn't warm-up for as long as I always do so this could be the problem, too. Whatever I did or didn't do, I am paying for it! Thankfully, it is clearly not an injury; just stiffness from overdoing it.

And woo hoo again! My last hill workout. I won't have to do these again until the new year during my next round of half marathon training, and I am just not nutty enough to throw them in for fun anytime soon. :) I'll stick to running hills that are on the path I have chosen until 2012. Hold me to it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment