Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week #3 - Run #5

11K (12-14K scheduled)

This run almost didn't happen. I was feeling uninspired, and dragging my feet about going out for a run. My only excuse was a lack of motivation.

Then my neighbour dropped by to say hi. She was just starting her run with her dog when she decided to drop in for a few minutes because we haven't seen each other for awhile.

This is how I found my running mojo. If my neighbour could go for a run, then I could, too. :) Soon after she left, I changed into my running gear. I told Ben that I was aiming for 10K, but that I could be home sooner if I decided to shorten it to 5K. Even though I was still moving half-heartedly, I headed out with Wallace.

And as it turns out, it was a fairly decent run after all. :) It was cold so it was a few km before I warmed up sufficiently. I was a little caught off guard by the iciness of the running path. I had expected it to be much clearer. My run was punctuated by smooth running stretches when the pavement was clear, and running slowly/walking over the stretches of ice.

I continue to feel very pleased with my improved posture, stride and change foot strike/placement. The barefoot walking on the TM, for me, is already proving beneficial, re-teaching me how my feet should feel. I carried that over into my running in shoes, and this has made a significance change/improvement. I now plan to look into a different running shoe next month, a pair will less cushy heels (minimalist).

1 comment:

  1. Great job on getting out there. Sometimes we get inspired by the strangest things. As for minimalist shoes check out Saucony Kinverna. I tried them and they were not for me but it really has a huge following.

    ReplyDelete