Thursday, February 16, 2012

Week #3 - Run #3

7.5K (7-8K scheduled)

Another weird day. Life got in the way and I ended up having to choose between a run and hot pilates. I was already dressed in my running gear before being interrupted, and after missing runs for the last few days, felt a little pressured about getting something done. :)

I do not often run in the evening. After tonight's run, I am going to try to do it a little more often. :) It was a terrific temperature for a run and it was just what I needed after today. I took a 'brand new' route; I can't run on the Thames Valley path system at night (it's pitch black without any light) so the dogs and I ran a 'city block', using all the main streets in my vicinity (Wharncliffe, Springbank, Wonderland, Riverside), which are well-lit with traffic and street lights. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. :)

For the last month, I've been concentrating on improving my posture, running with my 'core,' and most of all, "curing" myself of the heel strike. This run had some terrific stretches when I could feel all these changes in sync, and that I am running better than in the past - more effortlessly. I am convinced that what I am doing will benefit me in the future; however, it is taking some time to change, and will continue to take more time so patience is proving to be a virtue at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment