Wednesday, February 15, 2012

18 minutes walking barefoot on the treadmill, 3 minutes longer than my first time.

I stopped because I thought this was enough of an increase for now. The balls of my feet were fine, just a little tingly with sensitivity, which is why I did not want to push it.

Once again, it was interesting to see how how my bare feet automatically adjusted to the hard surface by striding shorter and using a gentle, proper foot strike.

I have to say that I am enjoying it barefoot on the treadmill much more than with shoes! Huh!

1 comment:

  1. "It was interesting to see how how my bare feet automatically adjusted to the hard surface by striding shorter and using a gentle, proper foot strike." A couple of responses, if I may... Your shorter stride and softer landing are actually the result of proper form. There's nothing "automatic" about achieving those results. It simply means you're doing it right. Well done! And try to avoid using the term "foot strike." You never want to strike the ground - you want to touch it softly.

    ReplyDelete