Monday, February 13, 2012

15 minutes walking barefoot on the treadmill @2mph

The book I am reading on barefoot running (or how to run like a barefoot runner)* suggests the following to start:

Walk on a treadmill for two weeks before attempting any running. The first week - walk on treadmill without any incline. The second week - change the treadmill to a 2-3% incline.

It also suggests starting with five minutes than increasing each workout by 1 minute.

After 5 minutes, I was fine. I decided to add another 5 minutes. After 10 minutes, I was still fine so I added a final five. During this time, I noticed the balls of my feet becoming more sensitive to the surface. This is when I stopped. The day after tomorrow, I will play it by ear and see how many more minutes I can increase this by.

It was a very positive experience. :) I liked paying attention to what I was doing, and noticing how my feet automatically adjusted to its bare state by walking properly. I also concentrated on keeping my core engaged.

Cool! :)

*Barefoot Running: How to Run Light and Free By getting in Touch with the Earth, by Michael Sandler with Jessica Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment