Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week #1 - Run #3


7.5K (5-6K scheduled)

This runner has very good running posture! :)

I logged in another great run, which is just terrific. The difference between this one and previous runs is that I was strong right from the beginning; it didn't take up to 3K to warm up and get into it; it was 'there' from the moment I started. Again, I worked on my posture, as usual, and my gait. It's becoming easier. :) I am finding that it is now coming more naturally to me now rather than 'needing' to concentrate on it. I am paying greater attention to how my feet are landing, how my body/core is positioned, and how I am breathing. I am just in the beginner stages so I will probably comment more about this here as I progress. Suffice it to say, it has captured my attention and interest.

Just for a change, the dogs and I ran along the path heading toward the university, but I led them off into some side streets and the neighbourhood in the Cherryhill vicinity, where we rarely venture. Funny how these streets are so close to where I live, but I have never seen them. Now, to be honest, I wasn't missing much - LOL! It did make for a nice change in scenery and kept me closer to home so that I could make it home in time to get to hot pilates.

Rest day tomorrow. My original HM running plan schedules a Saturday run and a day off Sunday, but I have added a short run to my Saturday schedule and moved the long run to Sunday. I will play it by ear to see if this works for me or not.

*****
I teased the instructor about my 'tender bottom" at yoga last night. She laughed and told me that she was pleased that her tougher workout woke up those muscles. This evening, in the heated room, she took us through our paces again just using our bodies. I did the best that I could, but could feel the residual tenderness from Tuesday's class. By the time I arrived home, my core was feeling pretty tender ... but in a good way. :) Yoga tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment