Saturday, August 14, 2010

Learnings from the Brutal 14K

1. I need to eat before I run. I can run for an hour on an empty stomach (weekdays), but I can't do it for a long run. I need to change my routine for Saturday long runs. Therefore ...

2. ... I need to wake up @ 6:00 a.m., eat a bagel and a banana, have a cup of coffee, and an hour later, head out for my long run.

3. Ben wakes up at crazy early morning hours for his passion; therefore, I should not feel guilty about doing the same thing. I can wake up early on Saturday mornings, and leave him behind for my passions, too.

4. I need to run MUCH EARLIER on hot, humid days to make the best of the weather. Being out there between 10-11 a.m. when it's dreadful on an empty stomach was just plain dumb!

5. I need to run with my portable dish for Wallace so he is guaranteed water while running.

6. I need to change my music so that the slower songs are at the end, when I am cooling down, not when I am slowing down and needing inspiration!

7. I need to carbo load the night before. We had Pad Thai last night, but I should be looking into lower fat past recipes for Friday nights.

FRIDAY NIGHT:
i) Eat lower fat pasta dish.
ii) Get to bed early.
iii) Have running gear ready to go.

SATURDAY MORNING:
i) Wake up @ 6:00 a.m.
ii) Eat a bagel, banana and have some coffee.
iii) Head out the door @ 7:15 a.m. to begin my long run.
iv) Be like Ben and save "sweety" snuggling time for Sunday mornings. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment