Friday, August 27, 2010

7K Run

53:19
Pace 7:37 min/km

The day was perfect for running - 10 degrees C - with an overcast sky. It felt a little too cool at first wearing shorts and a tech t-shirt, but I soon warmed up. The first K was very slow and I was just not feeling it. I was ready to just stop johnny-on-the-spot. I am soooooo glad that I have finally learned to ignore the first 1-2K as indicators as to how my run will go. It would be so easy to say, "not today!" based on how I am feeling then (my first K was slow, too, at almost 8 min/k). I have instructed myself that I am not allowed to stop running until I at least hit 3K when I can "truly" judge how the run is going. :)

I am also feeling very good about the fact that I can get out during the week and run without stopping for more than 45 minutes! :) I eventually would like to work on pace speed, but my first priority has always been to get myself to the point where I can run for an hour on a regular basis.

My dog, Kim, came with me today and he has the best pace with me - very intuitive. He doesn't push me like Angus, but yet prevents me from dropping down too much.

By the way, I am REALLY liking this feature on my Garmin - the auto warning which I have set yo go if my pace drops under 8:15 min or goes over 6:30 min.

Feeling good about today's run (and feeling good about the way that my shorts are feeling a little baggier today around my thighs!).

No comments:

Post a Comment