Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back to running today ...

I am shocked to report that I have not run for a WEEK! :( This is the first time since I started running faithfully again back in April that I have gone this long without running.

My excuses?

I had family visiting from South Korea ...
I went to bed late and slept later while they were here ...
Ben wasn't getting up early over the long weekend so I lacked incentive to leave him ... :)
It was very humid outside ...
I was not sleeping in my own room ...
My regular routines were out of whack ...
I felt too tired to go running, even after they left ...

What I learned ...

1. I really am an early morning runner. If I do not get out first thing in the morning, I won't go running at all.
2. The heat/humidity truly affects me. Good to know for future reference as a treadmill for winter running AND hot summer running may be worth the investment ...
3. I am keeping my running up because I am "routine-ized."

I need to use this post for future reference. I now know what I need to do in the future to ensure my running does not get interrupted for such a long period of time.

HOWEVER, having said that, my body felt strong today while running and I felt GREAT after the run. I am thinking that a bit of a break in the last few weeks, in addition to to not running this past week, gave my body a needed rest, and has better prepared me for the next few months because my HALF MARATHON TRAINING officially begins this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment