Wednesday, August 25, 2010

5K with Hills

38:43
Pace 7:43 min/km

Today's run was put together haphazardly. I have been using the cemetery for hill workouts, and as good as that hill's incline is for climbing, I thought I would try Beaverbrook today. I ran over to this street, ran down the hill, ran back up and realized that was just a bit too gradual for what I was looking for.

I then ran over to Riverside and went up and down it twice and it was much more challenging. What was sweet is that a man walking down the hill the second time I was running up it flashed me a smile and gave me the thumb up! :) God breezes! :) This went better and then I tried the one side of the cemetery again.

I think that next week I will run to Nancy Campbell/Harris Park where there is a steep hill. I will try running up and down it three times and then run home. I will then add one more time up each week. This is easy and measurable, and a good workout. This was the hill that drove me out of the run club in 2003! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment