Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Feeling great about my 8K

I was supposed to run yesterday, but I was feeling too rough to go. We went to a friend's place for a BBQ the day before, arrived home late, and then had a very rough night of sleep. I felt guilty because there was no humidity and it would have been a perfect for running.

However, this morning was humidity-free, too, thankfully (makes me feel less guilty about missing yesterday) so I headed out. My dog, Angus, joined me on this run, and he was running better, too (more fit? less humidity?).

My biggest accomplishment today was pushing myself in the last K and running an average pace less than 7:00 min/km - 6:48:68 to be exact! One of the best things about writing this blog is recording something like this because I anticipate, that by keeping at it, I will eventually consider a 6:48 pace in an 8K my average! :)

Anyway, it feels good to have a good run under my belt! :) Those slower paced runs in the humidity can sure be demoralizing. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment