Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ran a 5K Today ...

After a week off from running, I returned with a nice easy 5K in the hilly cemetery:

5.11K @ 39:36
Pace 7:45 min/km

It was still humid but "less" so this morning than previous days. I took my yellow lab, Angus with me, and he did well with the incline and humidity. I was pleased to see how well I did going uphill.

I was originally scheduled to run a 6K today, but I missed a 7K on Monday and an 8K on Wednesday, as well as my missed 13K on Saturday; therefore, after a week off from running, I decided to switch today's 6K with tomorrow's scheduled 5K. It proved to be a good warm-up back into running, and I felt very good about it afterwards. I am curious to see if my report this Sunday, after running my 8K race in Exeter, will reflect how my rest has "helped" my running ...

Regardless, it is a huge relief to see how, after a tough week for getting out, I ended up having a good first run back into it ... after all, August is the first month out of three that will lead me to my half marathon goal for 2010! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment