Thursday, August 12, 2010

Scheduled 8K Became a 6K Became a 7K ...

7K - 56:39
Pace 8:05 min/km

I have been "feeling it" since yesterday's run ... a little sore and stiff, so when I woke up this morning, I was not sure if I could do an 8K. I also decided to go the other way on my usual route to change things up a bit. However, by going the reverse way, it means that I need to run UP Riverside hill. I then decided that I would shorten my run by 2K, but in doing so, I would then try to run the entire way up Riverside hill.

My run went well for the first 4K. When I looked at my per K pace for the stretch through Greenway Park, it was very good, averaging 7:30 min/km. However, I walked up the steep embankment to the bridge and then decided to walk a little longer. I made it over the bridge before deciding that if I was going to run the entire way up Riverside, I should walk again so I walked through the lights and then attempted to tackle the hill.

I did very well, and even though my speed was decreasing to 8:30 min/km, I kept going and felt very pleased with myself. However, I lost steam completely by the subdivision entrance. Shucks! I really wanted to make it up that hill for the first time today. :( Well, at least I was able to make it past the halfway mark, and I think I should attempt the hill more often. Once I reched the top, I ran to the cemetery corner, walked to the middle entrance, and then ran all the way down the hill before deciding that I could run 7K so I turned on my street where I normally walk to cool down, and continued running until I hit the 7K mark.

I ran with my dog, Kim, who did great. :) He matched me on the hill and was the perfect running partner throughout (even having a poop during the warm-up walk!).

Well, I honestly

No comments:

Post a Comment