Scheduled Mileage (Achieved Mileage):
*Note: This applies to 6 runs and excludes both hill and tempo workouts, which are not completed according to mileage.
Week #9 = 31 km (11.5 km + 19.5 km) + optional 13 km (6.5 km x 2)
(32 km (12 km + 20 km) + 0 optional runs)
Week #10 = 27.5 km (11.5 km + 16 km) + optional 13 km (6.5 km x 2)
(15 km (5 km + 10 km race) + 1 x 6.5 km optional run)
Week #11 = 27.5 km + optional 13 km (6.5 km x 2)
(27.5 km (11.5 km + 16 km) + 1 x 2.7 km optional run)
TOTAL = 86 km + 39 km (optional)
(74.5 km + 9.2 km (optional))
I ran 4 out of 6 of these runs as scheduled, decreased mileage for one of them, and changed one to a 10 km race.
Week #9 - tempo for 40/40 minutes (check)
Week #10 - tempo for 16/40 minutes
Week #11 - tempo for 30/40 minutes
Week #9 - 6 + 2 walked repeats / 8 repeats scheduled
Week #10 - 10 repeats / 10 repeats scheduled (check)
Week #11 - 8 repeats / 12 repeats scheduled
1. Tempo workouts - I attempted all them. I am disappointed because I would have liked to have seen #1 @6:40, #2 @6:30 and #3 @6:20. It just wasn't in the cards for me during this round of training so I will have to wait until the next round of HM training to try it again.
2. If I were to claim my 10 km race in Ingersoll as a @6:30 tempo, then I did achieve #1 and #2 from above; just not #3 this past week. Semantics!
3. Hill workouts - I attempted all of them. I am more pleased with the 8 solid repeats I did this past week when I was scheduled for 12 than I am of the other two workouts. I know the quality was there. My workout with 10/10 repeats could be claimed as *perfect* but I didn't run the day before so I had an advantage of being rested.
4. I would have liked to have attempted more optional runs, but I really needed the extra rest. I am curious to see during the next round of HM training if I feel "less" tired and can attempt more of these runs as a result of improved fitness.
5. I ran 2 out of the 3 long slow distances. Both my 20 km and my 16 km were strong. :) Once again, I think the "5 km out of 16 km" run is an indication that inserting another recovery week (after Week #8 when Road Work ends and before Strength Work begins) would be ideal.