Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 4/17 HM Training - Run #4 16K

I officially have another 16K under my belt - 16K steady and consistent without needing to take walk breaks. I ran it from beginning to end. :)

I had plans for today and company arriving this afternoon for a few nights; therefore, I needed to wake up at 4:30 a.m. so I could get this workout done before my social commitments began. It was a little disconcerting at first because it was so dark, but by the time I was dressed, had my morning coffee and was out the door, it was light enough outside so that I didn't need to be too concerned. I was actually feeling a little excited about getting out so early - I was curious as to who else would be out at this time, and I was proud to be so "hardcore" early! :) :)

Only Wallace came with me - 16K is too long for Angus. :(

It was very humid as it has been all week, but at least it still felt a little cooler. I kept my pace purposely slow and steady because I was more interested in running the full 16K rather than pushing myself. This worked for me. I had a few short stops - one for doggie reasons and one for a quick water fill-up at the fountain.

The last few km were tough, but when I look at my pace for them, they were consistent with the negative splits I ran so I was pleased that my pace did not match how I was feeling! I had to walk up a short hill at the end because I was too spent to run it after my initial attempt, but my finishing speed at the tail end of the run was good. :)

I was soaked with sweat when I arrived home, and my own mother made a comment about me 'needing' a shower. I have to admit, I was stinking after this run! I am not sure what brought on my body odour that day, but it was unusual for me.

I have a 19.5K scheduled for next week as my LSD. I am not very confident about it. :( I was hoping to squeeze in an additional 1K today to see if I could have bragging rights about my first 17K without walking. but the last 2K of this run pretty much sapped that out of me!

No run tomorrow - it's a rest day Monday. I have 12K on Tuesday and it looks like a brutally hot and humid week ahead. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment