Friday, April 29, 2011

Wk8/D4 - Final 6.5K + 6 striders

45:45
Avg Pace 7:03/km

This is the pedestrian tunnel under Riverside Drive between Woodward Ave. and Wharncliffe St. A not-so-pretty view of where I often run so that I do not have to stop to wait for busy traffic.

Today I looked at my Garmin history to see what I was doing a year ago. My comments are filled with "(no walking!) inserts to indicate that my 3K, 4K and 5K runs were accomplished without walk breaks. :) It makes me even more proud of my 13K and 12K runs in recent weeks when I am focused on how I did 'pace-wise' rather than on if I ran it successfully without needing to walk. :)

I also ran my last striders for this training phase today. I have officially completed the "Road Work" phase. I have a rest day tomorrow instead of a 13K LSD, instead saving my energy for my 10K race on Sunday. Next week, I will take Monday off, but then start the first of three weeks of "Strength Training." This is when I will be doing hill workouts on Tuesdays and tempos runs on Thursdays. I am really looking forward to it as I have yet to try this kind of training on a regular basis.

In contrast to my last set of striders on Tuesday, today I did not look at my Garmin at all. I have done these striders enough times to have figured out approximate distance/time so I figured I could avoid using my watch to be 'precise' and instead, just go with the feel of it. It worked very well for me so I am going to try doing this again in the future when my half marathon training has striders scheduled.

Tomorrow I will be posting both my monthly and bi-yearly km totals for running. :) I am also picking up my t-shirt/kit for my 10K race on Sunday.

GYM UPDATE
Kundalini yoga was excellent as always tonight and we once again focused on working the psyche through the spine. It was an excellent workout for my arms and core. Loved it! I have to start practicing this at home when there isn't a class as it is perfect for those days when I have finished a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment