Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Very Enjoyable 6.5K

Day #2, Week #1 Training
47:38
Pace 7:19 min/km

A great run on a gorgeous day. :) Kim and Wallace formed my running group today, and the three of us headed out for the 6.5K. The temperature was right, the sun was shining, and once again, I could get away with just wearing a t-shirt and shorts. I'm enjoying this November so far!

Once again, I enjoyed a relaxed run in which I was able to forget that I was running, but lose myself in my thoughts. I have both read about this and heard it from fellow runners how this is an aspect of running they love best - the time alone to get lost in one's thoughts. I get that and it probably explains why I truly don't mind running alone; it's enjoyable to run with someone to chat with while running, but I don't need it for running.

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that my local run series, the London Honda Series, held their annual celebration last night. I attended so I could cheer the age group winners as well as keeping my fingers crossed to be the winner of the Las Vegas Marathon trip (flight, accommodation & marathon entry fee expenses all paid). I was last in my age group so I didn't warrant receiving a money prize or a t-shirt, and my name was not called for any of the draws. :( However, it was still great to see that the winner of the Vegas draw was truly someone who deserved it. She is from a family of four who, together, participated in all six runs this year. I was glad to see this family win the big prize, even if it meant I didn't win it, because honestly, the only interest I have in going to Las Vegas is if someone else pays for it; it's not my ideal vacation spot, by any stretch of the imagination, but the opportunity to participate in a big American city marathon would be cool!.

So! In closing, I am feeling great this evening with my after run "high" in addition to just feeling healthy overall. By the way, don't let my After Run Shake posting fool you - I enjoyed a pint of Guinness and a serving of sweet potato fries last night at the Series finale. :) What is that rule? Eat well 80% of the time ...? :) :)

Also, tomorrow is Day #3 of running ... in the past, I have usually taken a rest day after two consecutive runs so it will be interesting, for me, to see how I do this week with a training schedule that calls for running six consecutive days, with an optional day off on the 4th day and the longest run of the week on the 6th day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment