Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Just a Nice 6K

6K
Pace Not.A.Clue.

I ran today without my Garmin, but with Angus and Wallace. It was a nice, easy run. I was scheduled to run 5K, but decided to take my 6K route. I'm glad I did because it was scenic, peaceful and quiet. I felt a few surges of strong, faster running, balanced by a few waves of tiredness. It's what I have come to expect during easy runs after a race.

When I woke up yesterday morning, it was so cold! We experienced just below freezing temperatures for a change, and I could feel it. I was so pleased it was a scheduled day off from running! I may need to adjust my running time by going later in the day after it has warmed up so that I am guaranteed not to slip on frost-covered roads.

I have learned how to create an additional page on my blog and I am using it for posting my next training program, rather than posting it week to week on the home page. I have the month of November posted. It will be an adjustment for me to add an extra day of running per week ... or possibly two, if I opt to run on the Thursdays instead of taking the day off. Of course, there may be forced, multiple days off per week if the snow starts flying soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment