Friday, November 5, 2010

8K Garmin-free & With 2 Dogs

8K
Pace Not.A.Clue.

After taking the last two days off from running, I headed out today with Angus and Wallace on my usual 8K route. I was scheduled to do a 6.5K but since I missed another 6.5K this week, I opted for additional mileage to make amends in a small way to my schedule. The wind was a little chilly, but not enough to wear a jacket so I doubled up with a l/s and a s/s shirt, wore track pants, and a headband to keep my ears warm. I was a little cold at first, but soon warmed up as I started running. Although it was grey and cloudy with momentary bursts of sunshine, it was still a great time for running temperature wise. It spit a bit but the rain held off while I was out. The weather people are predicting snow to fly tonight temporarily before it warms up a little. This is another reason why I pushed myself out the door, and I did not regret it.

Isn't it funny how the hardest part is getting out the door? I felt so good as I running along the path, listening to an Usher remix at that moment, enjoying that particular spot in the park as I ran toward my foot bridge mark before turning around. I started thinking then how odd it is that I am not rushing out the door to go for a run because I feel so good in these moments. I guess I dread the first 2K I have to run "less" enjoyably before I finally to get the "good" part of my run. :)

I also want to address the fact that I did not run on Wednesday as planned. I took an additional day off this week from running after all. I just felt bone tired the other day, not the usual tired-from-my-day, or the not-enough-sleep-tired, but the burned-out-bone-tired kind so I gave myself permission to cancel my run. I would like to think that today's very enjoyable run is in part a result of some of that extra rest. I felt relaxed and I was lost in my thoughts, actually zoning out from the fact that I was running at all. Doot doo doo, la la la, just running along with my two doggies, exercising them, exercising me, but enjoying my thoughts and daydreams. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment