Friday, March 4, 2011

WK1/D3 - 5.5K

5.5K @ 43:05

It was not a wise move on my part to go on this run. I could have gone to the gym, but I thought that the above 0 degrees Celsius weather would make the running paths good for a run, even if it was drizzling outside ...

Bad decision.

The path was covered with hard ice and it was not pleasant running on that surface. A sample time from my Garmin:

Time for 1K
8:33
Moving time
7:49

This gives a better perspective on what it was like for me - able to run slower in most sections, but coming to a stop or slowing down in certain areas of the path. It was heavenly to find patches of pavement to catch some speed on. :( I am a very lucky camper in that I didn't fall or worse yet, severely re-injure the healed?/healing? achilles tendon on my left foot, or re-injure the right ankle that twisted under me last Sunday.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I should have gone to the gym. Proud of myself for getting out there and sticking to the run schedule, but it was a little too risky. :(

GYM UPDATE
I attended a Kundalini yoga class in the evening and not only did I appreciate the deep breathing and meditative aspects of it, but the strength training of the poses was excellent. I hope to do this on a regular basis Wednesday and Friday evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment