Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wk13/D3 - Easy 5K


5K @36:07
Avg. Pace 7:14/km

I really don't want to go to my 10K race tomorrow; I am too pooped! :(

Because I took yesterday as a rest day, I ran a 5K easy today. I headed out early with the dogs, but it started to spit AND thunder so I returned home, and waited out the short rainfall with the anticipation of it being a thunderstorm as well. It soon passed and we made our second attempt at it. It was nice and easy and enjoyable.

But I have to admit, I was feeling cranky when I returned home and I kept thinking about how I was so NOT into running a 10K race tomorrow. I'm just not feeling it. :( When I took my after-run shower, I felt so exhausted and this is when I realized that there was nothing preventing me from going back to bed ... so I did! Three hours later, I woke up, shocked by how much I had slept. Clearly, I needed it.

I am still not feeling it for tomorrow, but I am no longer cranky about it. :) I am heading to bed now, and hoping that a new day will bring a new attitude and maybe a better rested mind, body, and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment