Thursday, October 21, 2010

GOALS FOR THE NIAGARA FALLS HALF MARATHON

#1 - Do no harm; run the race without injury!

#2 - Cross the finish line; complete the race from beginning to end.

#3 - Enjoy the view; relish the autumn scenery along the Niagara River while finishing my run close to the awe-inspiring Horseshoe Falls.

#4 - Keep my running pace @ 6:50 - 7:10 min/km for the race. Walk for 1 minute every 10 minutes. Do not get caught up in the swooooosh! at the beginning of the race; run my own race!

#5 - Find the 2:30 pace rabbit. Use him/her as my motivator to complete the half marathon in 2:30. I just read on the Facebook page for the NFIM that the "pace buddies" do NOT do 10:1 but run straight through so I will need to keep this in perspective if indeed I want to keep him/her in my sight.

#6 - I will be happy with a time in the 2:30 - 2:39 zone. Very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment