Wednesday, October 6, 2010

8K - Sluggish but I'm okay with it!

1:01:36
Pace 7:43 min/km

I was soooooo tired Tuesday a.m. - I literally dragged myself out of bed. I don't think I have ever been so happy to see it raining! It wasn't a drizzle - it was coming down hard so I was very very happy to have an excuse to go back to bed and sleep for another hour. I am beginning to think that it is not the day after a race when I feel its effects, but TWO days later as I felt completely burned out 48 hours after the race, and this isn't the first time.

As expected, my run this morning was more sluggish, but again, experience has taught me that my first run after a race usually is so just getting through it was an achievement. I still felt good the whole time and didn't feel like quitting at any point so I am pleased how 8K is an average run for me.

I am still feeling jazzed about my 10K PR on Sunday! :) It really has boosted my confidence for the half marathon, and the potential of completing it in 2:30.

I have cut back a little more on the mileage for my training runs. I compared the last two weeks of my program to the one in John Stanton's book for completing a half marathon in 2:30. The two were pretty much the same except for a 14K midweek next week which I have now reduced to an 8K. As it is, I think I am pushing it a little with a 20K this weekend, a 10K race the following weekend, and then the half marathon the weekend after that. I will run 6K tomorrow, rest Friday, and then go for my last training long run. Oddly enough, I am looking forward to it! Weird !! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment