Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Measly 6K

45:12
Pace 7:32 min/km

I am not feeling very proud of myself. After running a great 16K on Saturday, I gave myself THREE days off instead of running a scheduled 9K Monday, which is messing up my schedule and training mileage for the week before it has barely begun! :( Maybe the 16K left me a little too confident that I am not pushing myself? It also has to do with the fact that I had a work deadline and I was feeling very stressed about it - I was up all night working Monday so no run was going to happen Tuesday - but isn't that supposed to be the point about running? That it is a good stress reliever?!?!

I was still uptight when I went for this run, I didn't bring any dogs with me. I went on my own. And to add to my frustration, my Ipod Shuffle would not work - I am not sure if it is hooped because it got a little wet on the weekend when I was using it, or if it didn't charge properly. Suffice it to say that I am proud of running without it (a first) and doing as well as I did without it, but boy! do I miss the beats and favourite songs that come on and give me an energetic boost when I need it!! MUST look into getting a new Ipod Shuffle ... the 5th generation ones are being advertised so maybe the Mac Outlet has them for sale now?

Got to get over this increased mileage problem ...

No comments:

Post a Comment