Monday, September 13, 2010

7K instead of 9K but that's okay ...!

52:08
Pace 7:28 min/km

I was supposed to run 9K but as most of my posts for the last week will attest, I am tweaking (ignoring?) my training schedule. It was a tough 7K; I felt tired and sluggish so I am surprised to see that my splits are all even paced in the 7:30 zone. I knew once I started running that I was not going to make it to 9K but I mentally patted my back for getting out there nevertheless for a run, especially when I had a short night of sleep, and even after setting my new goal for "6K", continuing to run to the 7K mark (but REALLY feeling it by then!).

Looking forward to my day of rest tomorrow. I have two longer runs this week before another day of rest before my big day - 17K on the schedule for this week and I have already figured out an optional new trail using the other half of the Thames Valley Trail I rarely use. I am simultaneously feeling excited and uptight about it.

I ran with Kim and Wallace again - they are the best running partners! I think I will take two dogs instead of one with me from now on as it seems to be working. Killing two birds with one stone - no need to exercise the dogs after my run when I can do it at the same time!

My sister, the excellent amateur photographer, is coming this weekend, so I am going to ask her to take some pictures for posting on this blog to make it a little less sterile-looking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment