Friday, September 3, 2010

5.5K

42:30
Pace 7:43 min/km

It took self-will to get out this a.m. I usually do not run on Fridays, but I have been tweaking my schedule based on my "sad" 5K run instead of 11K the other day. I was hoping to do 6K, really felt crappy at 4K, and then felt some renewal at the 5K mark so I kept going for another 1/2.

Kim went with me today and he sure loves running with Mommy! :)

Kudos
- at least I got out there even though I was not in the mood.
- at least I kept going and even after committing to 5K, added on another .5K
- at least Kim got a workout today

Mentally preparing for 16K tomorrow. I usually rest the day before but given the circumstances of this week, I am going to try doing it after an easy run this morning.

I learned two weeks NOT to eat a whole bagel an hour before a long run, but only half instead. I am also having pasta this evening in an effort to healthily "carbo" load.

No comments:

Post a Comment