Thursday, September 9, 2010

6K instead of Scheduled 8K

42:55
Pace 7:09 min/km

Okay, I was supposed to run 8K today, but mentally, I was not feeling it. I think I might have hit a little wall mentally here ... however, what I lost in mileage I made up for in speed - 7:09. That's the fastest pace I have run since my 5K race in Bayfield in June! So! I shall celebrate how I have inched closer to cracking 7 min/km in a training run rather than beating myself up for talking myself out of an 8K.

I took both Kim and Wallace with me - Ben had Angus and I felt guilty about leaving one dog behind at the house! :) It turns out that they both ran very well with me, and I may try doing this again on the weekend. Squirrels are a little bit of a challenge, but the running and stern warnings from me seem to be doing the trick.

I am pleased about this run. I ran a little faster, determined to beat my running time yesterday. I honestly think that, for me, the second run after a rest day is always better.

No comments:

Post a Comment