Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Slow 8K Run, but still a good one!

1:03:30
Pace 8:04 min/km

Focusing on the positive! I ran the 8K today I was scheduled to run yesterday; therefore, I kept my word to myself. :) I ran the whole time, and even up a hill at the 7K mark, without stopping to walk. My pace may have been slow, but at one point, I was running @7:15 pace and feeling very comfortable, as in on cruise control. :) I really enjoy the running when I hit that zone, when the pace feels good to me, and feel as if I could keep going like that for a long time ...

It was humid again, although there was a spitting of rain at one point and a light breeze at times, which helped make today's run more tolerable. I had sweat dripping from my forearms as I ran - a reflection of the humid morning. I'm noticing how the upside-down half moon shape on my chest, where the my running shirt contacts the skin instead of my bra, is always damp with sweat these days because of the humidity.

My dog, Wallace, "trotted" next to me. He always solicits the biggest smiles from other runners/walkers/cyclists because he wears a big grin the whole time we are running together. He definitely looks joyful whenever he runs beside me. :) I will have to get a picture of him posted!

I am pleased that 8K has become my new comfort range. My next race is in Exeter in less than two weeks, and it is an 8K, so I am feeling better about my ability to run it "well" this time, more so than the 8K race I ran last month, the Go the Distance 8K. I am not sure whether to equate my new running comfort level with the distance (8K) or the time (~1 hour). Perhaps once my speed increases, and I can complete 10K in an hour, this will be my new comfortable run? :)

Two runners passed me today in Greenway Park. The one woman has phenomenal legs - tanned, muscled, curvy. She should wear shorts and skirts all the time because she has gorgeous legs to show off! :) Another female runner who was right behind the first female runner did not look like she was having a fun run, even though her body clearly reflected that she works out all the time. I was plodding along at my slower pace, but I am pretty sure I was not looking as unhappy as she was! If anything, I was feeling good at the point (~6K mark), feeling my consistency in today's run.

On a side note, has roller blading dropped off in popularity? I saw my first roller blader last week and this when I realized that I NEVER pass any bladers on the paths - just walkers, cyclists and runners. It used to be so popular (?).

No comments:

Post a Comment