Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Skipped My Long Run Today :(

This morning, I was scheduled to run my very first 13K long run. I am sad to report that for the first time in a long time, I decided to skip it, and I stayed in bed.

Yesterday, we went to a friend's place for a BBQ, and it was with a newer group of friends we have developed over the last year. I have been fairly good about not overdoing it socially when I have a run scheduled the next day, but yesterday afternoon, I just didn't feel like being "good" for running. I think I may have a residual "feeling bummed" about my race time at the Summer 5K; therefore, the motivation that I usually feel was not very strong. I went ahead and ate what I wanted and drank beer and wine, and by the time I got to bed last night, I knew the variety of food and booze combination would affect my night's sleep. Sure enough, I had a lacklustre sleep and I woke up with a headache.

This does not happen often, and since my official half marathon training schedule starts in a few weeks, I am not going to dwell or beat myself up about it. I may try to run 13K this upcoming weekend instead. Although I have this week scheduled as a rest week, I have cut back on my mileage in the last few weeks, based on the wicked humidity weather-wise we are experiencing in recent weeks. If I am feeling up to it by Friday, I think I will go for it Saturday morning first thing. I have company coming for the weekend so I will have to see how this potentially affects my running plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment