Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Scheduled 6K

6K - 47:03
Pace 7:51 min/km

My run went very well, in spite of my slower speed. It was a gorgeous morning, with less humidity than the past few. I ran the whole time, and there were sections where my pace picked up quite a bit, due to my music or a burst of energy! :) I was feeling a little tired when I woke up so I was not able to take full advantage of the humidity-less morning as much I would have liked. Still, I actually tild myself to focus less on checking my watch for pace than just to run at a pace that felt good. My dog, Angus, ran with me today and he is such a goof. He pulled me at the beginning and on a flat stretch through Greenway Park, but did not pulling when we ran up some hills - hrrumph! Someone must have coached him on how NOT to help Mommy cheat while running together!

I was pleased to receive an article from Christine Luff @ About.com Running & Jogging today on slow running and how runners at this time feel like they are not making any progress - it was apropos! :) I feel better about running slower and it have given me encouragement to tackle my 13K this Saturday. I have read more about the run/walk 10:1 plan, and I am quite sure now that I am going to adopt this for my half marathon in the fall.

I also signed up for dailymile.com today and hope to have the gidget on my blog this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment