Thursday, July 22, 2010

Frustrating Running Observations

1. Since losing my running partner, my pace has significantly dipped. I am not sure if this is due to losing my partner or a coincidence, now that the weather has been more humid in the mornings. It likely is a combination of both.

2. My feet ached yesterday, which is odd. I had to massage them a few times throughout the day in an effort to alleviate the aching. Again, I am unsure if this is due to my running shoes (not due to replace yet), or if this due to running three days in a row, something I do not do too often. They are better this morning, but I still feel the tighter muscle along the outside of my left foot.

3. When I ran 12K a week+ ago and then 13K last Saturday, I had to walk. Again, I am not sure if this is because I have reached a plateau for the time being, or to blame it on the humidity. I did try eating before heading out, to see if maybe it was due to running on a empty stomach. I still think this may have something to do with it, but I also think it is all these factors in combination rather than just one. The Running Room book praises walking every 10 minutes for 1 minute during long runs so I may need to adjust my thinking about the long runs more than anything else. Walk/running 12K+ is still better than not doing it at all ... and I am still a beginner endurance runner carrying 40 lbs.+ extra while training to be an endurance runner ...

No comments:

Post a Comment