Monday, April 23, 2012

FOOD RULES - RULE #64

THE END! This is it, everyone! We have reviewed all of the Food Rules, from #1 to #64.

And guess what? I am going to post all of them again. :) I think they were great and should be reviewed again. This time, I will add a short commentary of my own with each one to share where I have succeeded with them and the areas that I still need to work on.


from, "Food Rules: An Eater's Manual," by Michael Pollan

*****

PART III: How Should I Eat? (Not too much.)

Rule #64 - Break the rules once in a while.

Obsessing over food rules is bad for your happiness, and probably for your health, too. Our experience over the past few decades suggests that dieting and worrying too much about nutrition has made us no healthier or slimmer; cultivating a relaxed attitude toward food is important. There will be special occasions when you will want to throw these rules out the window. All will not be lost (especially if you don't throw out Rule #60). What matters is not the the special occasion but the everyday practice - the default habits that govern your eating on a typical day. "All things in moderation," it is often said, but we should never forget the wise addendum, sometimes attributed to Oscar Wilde: "Including moderation."

*****

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment